Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

New Wave, Old Hat

Brand new to the dial, I am proud to be apart of such an ambitious and truly beneficial project here at FM 89.9 KRBX. Today I prepare for my sophomore show on the FM air waves, Lupe Fiasco played the Boise State University Spring Fling (giving a relatively lackluster performance) and Dilemma has been busy digging in the crates, respecting the likes of Roy Ayers and Garland Jeffreys. In terms of new music Beastie Boys reaffirmed their status as some of the original Hip-Hop luminaries, Ernest Greene's Washed Out released a new single in preparation for the new album (dropping July 12), and Gang Gang Dance made everyone afraid of the dark. Some of my newesy cultural exploits would be the artwork of Keith Haring. Here's some of what I have been listening to this past week, can't get enough of that bone-deep bass-line in the intro, shit speaks to my ancestors it's so deep:

Tune in today at 4 to hear Urban Backcountry
Much Love,
Dilemma

No comments:

Post a Comment